Next Deadline is April 21, 2024
Congratulations to the 2023 scholarship recipients: Jenna Leonard and Amelia Matejka. Read about their accomplishments and future goals here.
Since 2003 the Alumni Association has awarded at least one scholarship to a member of the current year’s graduating class from Riverside High School. In addition, to be eligible, at least one of the student’s grandparents, parents, or guardians must have graduated from Riverside High School. In 2024, the association will award three scholarships of $1,500 each.
Each candidate must submit an application which includes financial preparedness, institutions of higher learning applied to and/or accepted at, parents’ background, activities outside of school as well as school activities, and letters of recommendation.
Download a Word version of the application here. Then, email the completed application form and attachments no later than April 21, 2024 according to the instructions in the form.
You can see a searchable list of past recipients here.
- You must have had a parent, guardian or grandparent graduate from Riverside High School, Painesville, Ohio.
- You must be a current graduating student at Riverside High School, Painesville, Ohio.
- The scholarship committee will judge applications on academic achievement, school and community involvement, and financial need.
- Submit two letters of recommendations: one from a faculty member and one from outside the school environment. These can be emails sent to you by the recommending person.
- An official transcript must be submitted with this application. Contact the RHS Guidance Office to see if they can email you or mail you the transcript: http://www.riversidelocalschools.com/Guidance.aspx
- Be sure to include evident of acceptance by an accredited college, university, trade or business school. Scan the letter and attached it as a separate file to the submission email.
- Submit your application via email to Marijane Watson no later than April 21, 2023, at email@example.com.